Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sick

I woke up this morning at 6:30 ready to bang out a leg workout before my internship. But I felt AWFUL. I was sore and nauseous and my head and throat hurt. I took some Tylenol Daytime and Maalox and laid on the ground for awhile to see if I would feel better. Then I finally decided to go ahead and go to the gym, figuring that would either make me feel a lot better or a lot worse.

At the gym, I did squats and leg presses...then ran to the bathroom to throw up. Oh hi, last night's spinach! (No there's no picture haha).

Then I walked back to my apartment, called in sick to my internship, got into bed, and slept for the next 9 hours.

This is seriously the WORST time for me to be sick. First I can't afford to miss my internship (I'm going through resumes and pre-screening applicants to replace me this summer), second I have a group presentation for my Financial Management class at 9am tomorrow, and most importantly I'm supposed to visit my sister in Pittsburgh this weekend. We haven't seen each other since Christmas, and I was really looking forward to this.

Finally around 6:30 pm I got up and ate some greek yogurt with raspberries and walnuts:


x2 because it was the only thing that sounded appealing. It felt really good on my sore throat. Then I went to the business school to spend a couple hours putting together a powerpoint for tomorrow's presentation.

I'm going to finish up some economics homework that's due tomorrow, then get to bed early. Please, please let me feel better in the morning!

EDIT: I ate a bowl of strawberries + walnuts + soymilk before bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment