Saturday, April 2, 2011

Short + Hard

On Fridays I have class from 2-5, so it's the one weekday I can sleep in AND still hit the gym in the morning. I took full advantage today and slept til 11am.

Before the gym I ate a cup of greek yogurt:



I decided to do something new today and try a shorter workout with more weights and barbells instead of dumbbells:

Lower Body Workout

I finished up with a few planks. 

The verdict? Hard! Even though this is less exercises than normal for me I was sweating by the end and really feeling it. Plus it only took me 30 minutes. If I can work out more efficiently that's fine by me!

I replenished my protein with eggs (2 yolks plus 2 whites), a 7 oz tilapia filet, and a pear.



Actually got too full to eat the pear, so I brought it to class with me.

Along with my favorite protein bar.


After class I came right home and started studying for Business Law. I have an exam next week and I did poorly on the last one so I want to do well on this one. I have to say that B-Law is my least favorite class. It's the only class where I have to FORCE myself to read the textbook. But I managed to read and take notes on three chapters, and make notecards!

Dinner was half a block of tofu with broccoli and carrots tossed in olive oil:



The tofu was perfectly crispy and so easy--all I did was slice it and bake for about 25 minutes at 400 degrees. I always used to stirfry tofu, but I think oven beats stirfry hands down.

Well back to work--Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment