Sunday, April 3, 2011

Outdoor Run and Grocery Run

Today is my rest day from lifting weights, so I decided to go to a park about 10 miles away to run outside:

(From internet--it's not this spring-y yet!)


I ran around the park and some of the trails and probably did about 3 miles. It took me awhile to find the park itself and then to figure out the trails so all in all it wasn't the most efficient workout, but Trader Joes was right on the way home so I was able to stock up on groceries for the week.

Produce:



  • Strawberries
  • Blackberries
  • Fuji apples
  • Broccoli
  • Baby broccoli
  • Carrots
  • Brussel sprouts



Everything Else:



  • Plain unsweetened soymilk
  • Eggs
  • Tofu
  • Raw almonds
  • Greek yogurt
  • Mango black tea
  • Protein bars

I love shopping at Trader Joe's--they have all my staple foods at cheap prices and it's small enough that I can get in and out in 20 minutes.

For lunch I had a whole block of crispy tofu (I'm obsessed!) and the baby broccoli. All I did was slice the tofu and spray the broccoli with cooking spray. So easy!



The funny thing about this meal is that it looks and tastes really high fat--the broccoli seems kinda oily and the tofu seems fried. But actually the only fat comes from the tofu itself--18 g and that's for a whole block! (Not that I am trying to avoid fat--it's just oddly deceptive.)

Followed by a giant bowl of strawberries--some of them were mushy so I wanted to cut them up right away.


And some dark chocolate:



I also tried a cup of my new mango tea and it was delicious--I'm about to make another cup to drink while I get started on my homework. I have a feeling it's going to be a long night!

No comments:

Post a Comment